Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Mambo Rocks

Ok, so I'm in the process of setting up the Grinning Gecko website, and I decided to try Mambo. Wow, it's really cool. There's a lot that can be done with it with little to no effort. Now, I'm a big fan of Joel on Software, and I like what he has to say on a lot of things, but I'm sorry, Joel. I don't think I'll be buying CityDesk any time soon.

By the way, if you go to the Grinning Gecko site just now, it's going to look an awful lot like a default Mambo site with very little tweaking. Hell, it even says Mambo on it all over the place. I really need to get that figured out sometime soon.

But I also need to write an adventure or six to sell on RPGNow. This whole thing is a spare time kind of project, and I don't want to throw any more money at it than I need to.

But even before that I need to log off, take out the trash, and go to bed. I've stayed up way too late too many times this week already, and I don't need to be doing it tonight.

2 comments:

glEN said...

Aaron,

No-one is going to accuse you of thinking small =)

A question for our blogmeister here! Are you running Mambo on your own server at home or some hosting arrangement?

Joel.

Aaron F Stanton said...

Hey Joel -

I've set up Mambo at http://www.grinninggecko.com/ - check it out, but keep in mind it's far from done. I'm using Jodohost (http://www.jodohost.com/) for hosting. Inexpensive and pretty full of features. I'm not wanting to invest tons of money in this venture, just some spare time. I can pretty easily afford $8.50 a year for the domain name along with $6.95 a month for hosting.